As part of the Goldstar Cleaning Team you represent our company, our values and our reputation. You make sound decisions and can problem solve, are calm and use tact when faced with difficult situations, are punctual and dependable, reporting to work as scheduled. You are customer-service focused, and take pride in delivering the highest standards possible.
Your skills, responsibilities and tasks:
- Attention to detail, completing all tasks to our 5-Star level of service
- Dusting, wiping all surfaces
- Ability to work alone, with minimal supervision
- Vacuuming and washing floors
- Cleaning washrooms and kitchens
- Changing linens, making beds (Residential cleaners only)
- Removal of garbage and recycling
- Securing and alarming premises
- Understand and follow all safety policies/procedures related to completing tasks, use of products/supplies and incident reporting
- Commitment to continued learning through the Goldstar Learning Management System
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (daytime residential cleaning) or 12 hours per week (evening janitorial cleaning).
- Ability to understand, speak and write English.
- Physically able to carry out cleaning tasks, walking and standing, climbing stairs, move objects (up to 50lbs), repetitive bending, lifting and arm movement.
- Proactive, problem-solver, with the ability to communicate scheduling needs, worksite concerns, inability to complete tasks and unanticipated events that occur during your shift.
- Positive attitude, friendly clear communications with team members.
- Previous cleaning experience in residential or commercial setting.
- Have a valid BC Drivers License, a clean driving record and transportation to get you to and from the Goldstar Office.
- Possess a cell phone with the capabilities to download Goldstar work Apps.
- Provide consent to Goldstar to conduct a Criminal Record Check (CRC).