Tips for cleaning your campsite as you goFollow Goldstar Cleaning Services’ tips on cleaning your campsite, so you can relax and enjoy your weekend at the lakes or in the backcountry around Cranbrook, Fernie and Sparwood and throughout the East Kootenays ! 1. Pack it in – pack it out Take two garbage bins and bin liners and set it up near the food prep area for garbage and recycling – you will find cleaning your campsite a lot easier when you are collecting garbage as you go along. REMEMBER – unsecured garbage attracts bears and other wildlife to your campsite. Take all your garbage to a bear-proof bin every evening, use a bearproof canister, or follow these instructions on how to put it out of a bear’s reach in a tree. Bears have been known to pull doors off car doors to get to garbage stored inside. 2. Pack a lidded plastic crate with household cleaning supplies. When you’re pouring wastewater directly into the environment, it’s even more important to use biodegradable cleaning products. Cleaning products checklist
- Broom, dust pan and brush
- Green, biodegradable dish soap, tea towels, washing up brush and a sponge.
- Biodegradable hand soap and hand towels
- Wet wipes (for cleaning the body and for cleaning surfaces) and hand sanitizer
- Barbecue cleaning brush and utensils.
- A 5 gallon jug with a tap and a dish tub – set up the jug on the edge of the picnic table, and the tub on the bench underneath the spigot, for an instant kitchen sink, perfect for cleaning dishes or muddy hands!